Wednesday, 22 July 2015

You are magical



As I was doing my leg lifts during Nabhi Kriya this morning, I was thinking about the Harry Potter series. There is a lot of interesting symbolism in the story, and I will tell you about my own cloak of invisibility another day. :) But today I was thinking about the difference between Muggles, Squibs and Witches/Wizards.

Witches and Wizards are magical humans who, in most circumstances, grow up learning how to control their innate powers. They require the use of a wand, made of magical wood and other ingredients, in order to harness their powers and make good use of them (or bad, depending on their personality!). The magic is within them, but they can't purposefully use it without an external tool.

Squibs are people born in magical families, but for whatever reason, do not have much or any innate magical skill/talent/ability. They know about the magical world and live within it, but cannot use magic for themselves. They are dependent on other magical people or creatures or inventions to live alongside witches and wizards.

Muggles are humans with no magical ability, and no knowledge of the magical world. An entire universe is blocked to them forever.

What does this have to do with meditation? Well, you are magical! So am I - the entire human race has innate power within him/herself that is more powerful than any witch or wizard in Harry Potter's world. We don't require wands or potions or powders to access the power within us, but we do require knowledge.

Most of us are like muggle-born witches and wizards, with a slight inkling of the power lying dormant within us, but without the tools necessary to access that power and use it for the good of ourselves and others.

We are creators; literally Gods in embryo. Everything within us, right this moment, is capable of growing and becoming like Heavenly Father and Heavenly Mother. Jesus Christ implored us in scripture to become perfect, as a God. But another translation of the word perfect is whole, or complete. 

There are many ways to become whole, but using the Atonement is the key. The Atonement is a marvelous work and a wonder. Jesus Christ took on our sins, our pains, our afflictions and our sorrows. We can turn to Him with literally any problem and he will help us be healed.

For many years, I struggled with anger issues. I absorbed a lot of my dad's temper and it became part of my parenting style (having children definitely forces you to see your own true temperament). I would lose my temper and lash out at my sweet children, and feel awful afterwards. For many years, I would repent and attempt to contain my temper or desperately pray for it to just disappear. Over time, with herculean effort and rivers of tears, I got to the point where I felt like I was finally making headway. It was such a slow, painstaking process, but I didn't know another way. Pray, ready your scriptures, attend your meetings, repent, repent, repent.

The missing ingredient to my efforts was meditation. It was the key to unlock the potential of the Atonement in my life. I felt like God had been waiting all that time for me to open the door rather than trying to squeeze through a window. The power to access the Atonement - fully access it, and allow it to change me and my personality for the better - was within me, I just needed the right tool.

There are over 30 or 40 meditation types available to you. By all means, find one that works in your life, but it is my belief that Kundalini Yoga and Meditation is the fastest, simplest way to see amazing changes in yourself. You will be able to feel the Spirit and receive revelation on a scale you haven't experienced before. You will be able to break the chains of addiction, or anger, or abuse, or the other myriad of human sadness and pain that exist in this world. You will be purified.

You are not a muggle. You are not a squib! You are a witch or a wizard and you don't even need a wand. The power is within you and you can access it right now.

Love and light.

No comments:

Post a Comment